100% VOC FREE NATURAL OIL
VOC stands for “volatile organic compound”. The term refers to a class of chemicals that begin to vaporise under typical indoor temperature and pressure conditions. Common VOCs include benzene, formaldehyde, toluene, flammable alcohols, household cleaning solvents, gasoline, and other liquid combustion fuels.
Where can you find products that contain VOC?
VOCs are present in a whole host of products, including paint, carpet, air fresheners, make-up, and even magazines. Some are more toxic than others but, as a general rule, everyone should be looking to limit their exposure to VOCs.
The benefits of using 100% free of VOC natural oil
- Helps reduce allergy-causing toxins and chemical sensitivities
- lower odour and less impact on the air quality
- Helps to reduce the concentration of contaminants in the ozone layer, as well as groundwater and landfills.
- Better for the environment
Antique Floors uses a revolutionary natural HardWax oil that is cured instantly on the wood using patented LED technology. LED Cured HardWax oil is a pioneering coating, that contains a unique mix of oils, waxes, resins and additives. These ingredients allow the oil to cure and harden when exposed to the specific bandwidth of light spectrum in the LED light.
The benefits of using 100% VOC free and LED cured Hardwax oils
- The instant curing of the oil under the LED light is one of the biggest advantages as the timber can be used immediately.
- All 100% VOC free and LED cured Hardwax oils are unbeatable when it comes to maintenance.
- Dirt and moisture repellent, highly resistant to chemicals
- Optimal Load-bearing Capacity Immediately After Treatment
- Green, Environmentally Friendly Flooring – NO V.O.C. plus we use a lot less energy to cure than UV lighting methods
World studies have shown that being surrounded by wood has positive effects on our health. A recent report commissioned by Planet Ark has found that exposure to wood products and interiors created similar health benefits to those created by spending time in nature. Or in the words from National Geographic puts it – we are ‘wired to be outside.’
Some of the reported health benefits include:
- Improved emotional state, and self-expression
- Improved air quality by moderating humidity, encouraging easier breathing
- Feelings of warmth and comfort
- Lower blood pressure, heart rate, and stress levels
- Australians spend over 90% of their time indoors; bringing nature inside is a positive step to a healthier future, for you and the environment.
Sustainable timber helps beat climate change. According to the IPCC report, “a sustainable forest management strategy aimed at maintaining or increasing forest carbon stocks, while producing an annual sustained yield of timber, fibre or energy from the forest, will generate the largest sustained mitigation benefit“.
Forests and wood product industries contribute to long term carbon emissions abatement in numerous ways, including:
- capturing and storing atmospheric carbon in growing forests
- protecting forest carbon stores from damaging wildfires
- providing long-term storage of carbon in durable wood products
- providing a renewable substitute for much more emissions-intensive building materials, such as steel, aluminium and concrete
- replacing carbon-intensive fossil fuel sources such as coal, oil and gas with bioenergy from wood waste, forest thinnings and harvesting residues.
Our signature collection is a range of exclusive, custom-designed and made oak floors, finished in 100% free of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) natural oil that has an Indoor Air Comfort GOLD rating, the highest rating available.